The activities of the ABCE have the following purposes:
- Support and promote quality theoretical scientific research in Bolivia.
- Support and promote applied economic research based on evidence.
- Contribute directly and indirectly to the debate on the socioeconomic and political situation in the country.
- Promote the improvement of research and higher education in the economic sciences in Bolivia.
- Disseminate the knowledge of economic science at national and international level through congresses, conferences, workshops, competitions, etc.
- Publish research documents that contribute to the generation of knowledge, as well as to the construction of public policies in the country.
- Support the publication of research articles, books, work documents, policy reports, etc., directly or indirectly.
- Establish collaborative learning networks to generate knowledge and disseminate knowledge at the national and international levels.